There’s a lot to be thankful for in this life. Some big, some small, and some overlooked. Today, I’m thankful for these few little things that make the days better.
1. Mac & cheese from Cafe Eclectic. Y’all, seriously, it’s so good. My day was pretty drab but I just had some for lunch so I had to put this in here.
2. Sunshiny afternoons and rainy mornings. There’s nothing quite like waking up on a Saturday to the sound of rain, or like walking outside on a September afternoon to the warm sunshine on your face.
3. Sweet tea. Because I’m pretty sure if you took my blood, it would 99% sugary tea and 1% whatever blood is made out of.
4. Memphis in the fall. There is nothing better. Whether your at Tom Lee or Overton or Shelby Farms, there are zero excuses to not be outside. The humidity disappears and for the first time all year, you’re able to go outside without either freezing or melting (we don’t have a spring).
5. Jesus. Let’s be honest, I would a hot lost mess without Him. He is a point of certainty in this ever changing life on earth.
There you have it. My quick little list of things I’m thankful for today. Remember, life isn’t all about the big moments, though they’re important, too. But it’s the tiny day to day realizations and moments that make you take a deep breath and smile that make life magical.