To kickoff my attempt at revamping the blog, I’m going to share a little about me, my life, and the meaning behind Ransomed and Redeemed. Thanks for tuning in 🙂
10 Things You Probs Didn’t Know About Me
- I’m not named after Bob Marley OR the dog from Marley and Me (yes, people ask, even though I was in 8th grade when the book came out). Marley was my momma’s maiden name, and it was my dad’s idea to keep it as my first name.
- I have seen maybe 4 movies ever. Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but seriously there are SO MANY movies I haven’t seen. My boyfriend gives the “Are you serious?” look quite a bit when he learns I haven’t seen things like Star Wars (which he introduced me to… I am now a fan), the Hangover, Stepbrothers, etc (all of which he made me watch. Because culture.)
- I can eat a large pizza solo in one sitting. Not all the time, I do think health is important, but if I’m hungry, I’ll throw down with some ham and pineapple. *PINEAPPLE DOES GO ON PIZZA.
- I started college Pre-Med Biology. Ended up Journalism/PR. Yeah, idk how that happened either.
- I was a competitive dancer for 18 years, and in my last competition, placed in the top 25 nationally for a solo I didn’t think would get far. I’d give anything to be back out on the stage and in the studio one more time, but my company kicked butt for our last nationals, and I am still living in those glory days (cerca 2012).
- Speaking of dance, I can perform an entire 15 minute production with no back-stage breaks and be fine, but I can’t run for more than 30 seconds without dying. Idk what’s up with that.
- I want to be a professional wedding planner. But, I feel like I need to plan my own wedding first to prove to potential clients I can do it, and seeing as I’m not engaged, it’ll be a while before that kickstarts. BUT no fear, I’ll be talking about wedding things quite a bit on the blog!
- I hate lists and am really awful at making them.
- I have anxiety. Sometimes it’s intense, others it can go months without surfacing. I was in an abusive relationship and have spent years building “me” back up. The past 2 years have been my best yet, and I want to be an advocate to young people going through what I did, letting them know that it will get better, there is help, and your self worth is not defined by a person who doesn’t respect you as a human.
- Shout out to God for pulling me through #9. My relationship with Him has grown immensely since then, and He is my all.
Now, if you’re still with me, let’s talk about what ransomed and redeemed means!
A few years ago, my roomate Kara wanted a tattoo. Me, being the ink fan that I am, was all on board and went with her. A small, simple word on the outside of her foot. “Ransomed.” It was never a word I paid much attention to before. But now, it means everything.
Ransom means the release of a prisoner by making the demanded payment. God loves us so much, that He covered our payment for our sins and saved us from certain death by sacrificing His Son, himself, in our place. We were bought with the blood of Christ and set free. How beautiful is life knowing we are cared about at such a magnificent scale!
Redeem, similarly, means to compensate for the faults of something. Like before, Jesus has washed our souls white as snow, and cleared away our faults.
These two little words are my daily drive to better than I was yesterday, to strive to live like Jesus in all that I do.
And there you have it, folks! Me, my blog, and my Jesus!
See ya next time!